What Is a Vein Treatment Specialist? Are They a Doctor?

A vein specialist and a doctor who specialized in venous medicine are two different things. The term “specialist” is unregulated and used by various practitioners who treat veins. An esthetician, dermatologist, radiologist, vascular surgeon, phlebologist, cosmetic surgeon, internal medicine doctor, or vein doctor might call themselves a vein specialist, if they do any vein procedures.

But cosmetic treatment for facial spider veins and therapeutic treatment for varicose veins in the legs require different training. If you have varicose veins, you need a legitimate vein specialist– in other words, a doctor who studied vein medicine. Book an appointment with our Harvard-trained vein doctors who are board certified in venous medicine.

There are various types of vein specialists in NJ. Not all of them are doctors. What is the top vein specialist called? Here are the answers you need.

What Type of Doctor Treats Varicose Veins in NJ?

There are a few types of doctors who treat veins in NJ, but they don’t all treat varicose veins. Small spider veins in the face can sometimes be treated with topical lasers or sclerosant injections. But varicose veins, particularly in the legs, often stem from Chronic Venous Insufficiency. This underdiagnosed disease needs attention if you want the varicose vein to disappear. Venous insufficiency means that valves in deeper veins have failed, allowing pressure to build in blood vessels and create a varicosity.

If you don’t address the valve failure, varicose veins will continue to form. Cosmetic and dermatological doctors aren’t typically qualified to treat vein diseases unless they hold multiple certifications. A vascular surgeon can use invasive cardiology or vascular surgery to treat varicose veins, but that’s rarely needed, since surgery is no longer the first line of treatment. Choose a minimally invasive vein doctor in NJ for varicose vein treatment. They will look beneath the surface to find the cause, and they’ll repair it without surgery.

What Doctor Treats Vein Problems Other Than Varicosities?

If you have varicose veins, you’re likely to develop spider veins too. That’s because both types of vein damage occur in patients with Chronic Venous Insufficiency. In addition, spider veins and varicose veins run in families. So, if you have a varicose vein, choose a doctor who treats spider veins too. The best choice is a minimally invasive vein specialist who’s trained in the latest techniques for vein treatment. With Duplex Ultrasound, doctors can identify defective veins, faulty valves, and varicose vein disease all in a single appointment.

Do I Need a Doctor for Varicose Veins, Spider Veins Treatment?

There are steps you can try at home to reduce symptoms of varicose veins and spider veins. But always check with your doctor first. Certain things like compression stockings and blood thinners are helpful to some patients but harmful to others. If you want to eliminate varicose veins and spider veins, not just reduce the symptoms, you need a vein doctor. Our award-winning vein specialists in NJ close off malfunctioning veins and reroute blood into functional veins, so blood no longer engorges the vein.

Do They All Use Vascular Surgery as Varicose Veins Treatment?

No, vein doctors don’t all use vascular surgery for varicose veins treatment. In fact, the latest techniques have largely replaced surgical procedures. Minimally invasive vein specialists insert tiny needles and catheters through the skin to deliver treatment to the vein’s walls. They no longer need to extract the vein in order to eliminate it. They simply seal it off so it shrinks and disappears.

Will I Need My Doctor to Remove Varicose Veins Surgically?

It’s unlikely that you’ll need a doctor to remove varicose veins surgically. Most patients are well-suited to gentler procedures like radiofrequency ablation, sclerotherapy, endovenous laser therapy, mechanochemical ablation, and vein adhesives. Surgery is only required in rare cases where the patient has blood clots or severe, extensive tortuosity. Acquiring a diagnosis and treatment plan is quick and easy at our convenient vein centers in Woodbridge, Woodland Park, Clifton, and Paramus, New Jersey

Will a Non-Surgical Engorged Veins Treatment Work for Me?

Non-surgical engorged veins treatments are highly effective. Most patients are advised to take a non-surgical approach to treating both varicose veins and spider veins. Minimally invasive methods are safer, faster, gentler, and more affordable for the patient. They also eliminate recovery time. Our premier vein centers in New Jersey use the most proven techniques and have a long track record of success with non-surgical varicose vein treatments.

What Is the Best Treatment for Varicose Veins in Legs Now?

The best treatment for varicose veins in the legs is a minimally invasive, endovenous one. Surface treatments, like pulsed-dye lasers, don’t target the deeper leg vein that produced the varicosity. And surgical treatments are too invasive for most varicose veins. Minimally invasive, endovenous techniques, like sclerotherapy, radiofrequency ablation, vein adhesives, mechanochemical ablation, and endovenous laser ablation are the preferred methods for varicose veins.

Why Do Varicose Veins Form? Do They Require a Leg Vein Clinic?

Are you wondering why varicose veins form in the first place? The primary reasons are gender, hormones, family history, aging, inactivity, and obesity. People with varicose vein disease in their family are the most likely to develop varicosities, particularly if they are a woman.

Do you need to visit a leg vein clinic or are they just a nuisance? Varicose veins aren’t just unpleasant to look at, they can produce several unpleasant symptoms too. Cramping, heaviness, aching, itching, restlessness, swelling, hyperpigmentation, venous ulcerations, profuse bleeding… ready to call a vascular doctor now? Find the best one below.

How Do I Find a Specialist Who Is a Vascular Vein Doctor?

What is a varicose vein specialist called? It depends on where you seek treatment.

Don’t just settle for the word “specialist” when you book a vascular or vein doctor. Inquire about their specialty and certification. Look for one who is ABVLM or ABMS board certified to treat veins.

Achieving certification by the American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine or the American Board of Medical Specialties indicates a superior level of expertise, since these doctors have completed additional training and passed a written examination. Click here to find a certified “vein doctor near me in NJ.”

What Is the Best Clinic for Varicose Veins in New Jersey?

The best clinic for varicose veins in New Jersey is our award-winning center run by Harvard-trained, minimally invasive vein specialists. Our reputed team is world-renowned for the highest level of care, which we administer with state-of-the-art devices. Our vein centers are fully accredited by the IAC, and our doctors all hold multiple certifications. Whether you choose our center in Clifton, Paramus, Woodland Park, or Woodbridge, you’ll receive unparalleled vascular care.